Pages

March 11, 2013

Please don't faint.

I gave myself quite a scare last week. I almost passed out.

It was like any other day, i was at my desk, staring at the computer screen, doing the things i do everyday.

When all of a sudden, I felt a slight headache coming. Not really a headache, but my head was...spinning. I tried to ignore it for awhile, thinking it was nothing, took a sip of water, and continued with what i was doing. It won't go away, so i drank some more, and rested my head for a while. No, it was definitely not working.

So I made my way to the toilet (even swayed a bit). When i came out of the toilet, still there. I rushed back to my office and tried to calm myself down. A few deep breaths... Still nothing. The world was spinning really fast and i have no idea how to stop it! So i finally gave up.

I took my keys, lock my office, and hurried to the registration counter. ( I work at a hospital). My friends thought i was about to ask them for something related to work, so they smiled and even started a light chit chat with me. I was already panicking. They thought i was playing around, pretending to be a patient. I asked to see the doctor. I remember they said something about my face being pale and quickly hand me a little form to fill. I only manage to write my name. I couldn't think. I was having chills all over. I was about to pass out like, any minute now!! HELP!

Suddenly my friend came over with a wheelchair and ushered me to sit on it. I hesitated for a second thinking i don't need it. I just couldn't think straight. They rushed me to the ER and sat me on the bed. My heart was beating so fast i started talking nonsense. Scary. The doctor began asking me questions while my nurse-friends were busy checking my blood pressure and stuff.



After a while, after much help from my friends, i managed to calm myself down. My head finally stopped spinning, and the feeling of faint gradually disappeared. They did an ECG test on me. Mind you, it was QUITE embarrassing having the ECG done by your own colleague. But i don't know which one's worse. Orang yang kita kenal ke, orang yang kita tak kenal. Still, it was quite an ordeal. Hahahaha. The keyword is "button-up shirt". Trust me.

So i was ok in the end. Malu jugak since a few of my friends/colleagues came over to see what was wrong with me. Words were going around (via Whatsapp) that Neena was wheeled to the ER! Huhu.. Alhamdulillah. It was prolly just my hemoglobin count being lower than my usual low. Did a full blood test the next day and this came out.



No surprise there.

My hb count was probably lower the day before, which was why i almost fainted. Nothing much i can do about it anyway. I've always been "sort of anemic". And i will be "sort of anemic" for the rest of my life. Sekarang kalau pening sikit dah risau dah. Haha cuak kot. I've never fainted before and i'm not planning to start now. InsyaAllah, amin. Take care, people. Really.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...