Pages

December 9, 2008

A GRUELING TASK. not for the faint-hearted

Ok. Here's the deal. I'm on a mission. A mission to preserve the art of ketupat-anyaming.

Celebrated aidiladha recently, so semangat tu tiba2 dtg when my roomate, kak just bought some of those daun utk wat ketupat. i was determined. i was set.

With the little help from my housemates....

Tenaciously
, i began.

5 minutes later
.
.
.
.
.


not too bad...not bad at all....

10 minutes later..


ok. i think i got it now..Yep. Easy Peasy!


hrrrrmmmm...on second thought........


BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD PEOPLE!!!!


As u can see in the pictures above, i seem to hv a bit of a fight with the lil creature, hancor dan layu daun2 dibuatnyer.

So i figured i need a new pair of leaves(is that wat u call 'em? leaves??) Since the ones i had wouldn't cooperate..

Here goes.

Chants *I think I can. I think I can. I think I can.*
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


Darn it! Did i just invent a new ketupat-plaiting method? didn't think the tails are supposed to be coming out from the same end like that. @$^%*^#$%@#!!!

ok. I'm ok. I'm gonna get it. For sure this time. ok.


*GASP!* Need I say more? Who's da man? I'm the man.



Incredible. i know.

Realizing my talent, i decided to try a different kind of anyam.






Aha. I'm goooood.................





Oooohh!!
Met KungFu Panda at alamanda last weekend



I would've hugged him if i could change myself into a kid.
Really I would.

Come to think of it, I was terrified of those huge larger-than-life monsters when i was little.
Ran away from Minnie Mouse once. Hmmph.

2 comments:

nixa said...

eehhhhh.. show off.. ahhaha.. i mmg tak penah reti anyam ketupat.. anyam tikar maybe i buleh kot.. ketupat? no.. hohoho.. tp makankan ketupat tu.. thats my speciality.. hahahaharuskah?

neena said...

wakaka!! i mmg suka bab-bab menunjukkan bakat terpendam i ke serata dunia. huhu!! mmg harus. hidup ketupatttt!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...